This free online finance course continues from Basic Accounting. Learn more advanced financial concepts such as fixed and intangible assets, business funding and capital sources and put it all together by looking at how decisions on pricing, quality and marketing affect revenue and profit generation.
The course features bite-sized topics each containing business simulation models, text and video content, integrated exercises and quizzes that together create an engaging learning experience. After completing the course, take an optional online assessment to gain the CIMA Certificate in Business & Accounting Dynamics.
Accredited learning from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Groundbreaking business simulation models, case study videos, integrated exercises and topic quizzes
Self-paced online study, typically between 4 - 8 hours
Who should take this course?
- Non-financial managers - progress your career by broadening your skill-set and gaining a deeper understanding of accounting
- Aspiring accountants - develop an intuitive understanding of crucial accounting concepts to equip you for professional qualifications
- Entrepreneurs and small-business owners - learn about funding sources and how to optimise revenue and profit
- Professional services providers - analyse company performance through financial ratios
- Accountants - fulfil continuous professional development requirements and gain a different perspective through engaging, cost-effective training
- Students - get help with your studies and improve your results and your job prospects
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Intangible Assets and Amortisation
- Equity and Debt Funding
- Pricing Sweetspots
- Product and Service Quality
- Price Sensitivity and Elasticity
- Revenue & Profit Optimisation
- Financial Analysis
- Case Studies
At the end of the course, you will understand how:
- Fixed assets are accounted for
- A business should choose between different funding options
- Business performance is measured and assessed
- A market's price sensitivity affects revenue and profit generation
- The quality of a product or service can affect its demand curve
- Marketing expenditure can affect brand identity and operating profit
If you wish, after completing this course you can take an online assessment to gain the CIMA Certificate in Business & Accounting Dynamics.
This qualification is designed to combine core topics in accounting, business and economics. The aim is to equip students with a strong conceptual understanding of these crucial topics and to understand some of the practical challenges of operating businesses successfully.
“My feedback about the course would only be positive – I usually find e-learning quite passive, but engaging through the models was a very effective way of learning the concepts.”
Charlotte Roberts, Consultant, Capgemini
Our courses are entirely online and the principle-based approach is relevant for people in all accounting jurisdictions.
Learn through visual, dynamic financial models that remain in the mind’s eye & memory long afterwards.
Use business simulation models to understand how companies fit together and manage real business scenarios.
Videos, exercises and quizzes on each bite-size topic are integrated in a seamless learning path