The CIMA Certificate in Business & Accounting Dynamics is a qualification designed to combine core topics in accounting, business and economics. The aim is to equip students with a strong conceptual understanding of these crucial topics and to understand some of the practical challenges of operating businesses successfully. The syllabus covers the Basic Accounting and Business and Accounting Dynamics courses. It is separate and complimentary to CIMA's core accounting qualifications.
The online assessment lasts 45 minutes and consists of questions covering the full range of topics from these courses. On successful completion of the assessment, you will be sent your CIMA Certificate.
Gain a recognised qualification from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Demonstrate your learning to your current or prospective employer
Why gain a recognised qualification?
- Non-financial managers - demonstrate your learning to your current or prospective employer to progress your career
- Aspiring accountants - show your commitment to increase the chance of getting funded by your company to train as an accountant
- Entrepreneurs and small-business owners - give potential investors immediate confidence in your financial ability
- Professional services providers - gain a recognised financial qualification from a world-leading organisation to impress clients
- Students - demonstrate your commitment and intent to prospective employers to stand out from the crowd
- The Accrual Principle
- Revenue, Costs, Profit & Cashflow
- Assets, Liabilities & Equity - the Fundamental Accounting Equation
- Debits and Credits
- Working Capital & the Operating Cycle (Cash Conversion Cycle)
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Intangible Assets and Amortisation
- Equity and Debt Funding
- Pricing Sweetspots
- Product and Service Quality
- Price Sensitivity and Elasticity
- Revenue & Profit Optimisation
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis
The online assessment lasts 45 minutes and can be taken at any time on a tablet or computer using an internet browser. Taking the assessment requires an active internet connection. If you accidentally close the browser window or lose internet connectivity at any time, you can immediately return to the page to resume and your answers will have been saved.
The pass mark is 70%. After you have completed the assessment, your result will be immediately available on the screen, and if you pass you will receive instructions on how to provide your postal address to receive the certificate. Alternatively if you fail, one resit is allowed and you will receive instructions on how to do this.
“This is an excellent way to understand how business really works.”
Richard Barker, Professor of Accounting, Saïd Business School
“People looking at starting careers in finance will find this course very useful in determining if they have the financial acumen to cut it in the world of finance and business.”
Charles Tilley, Executive Chairman of the CGMA Research Foundation, AICPA